Guestroom at Hotel Felix in Chicago.
Planning a trip to Chicago? If you’re looking for greener hotel options, check out Hotel Felix.
Hotel Felix has achieved the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver rating from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Dating back to 1926, the historic building has been converted into this 225-room boutique hotel from the original property Hotel Wacker.
The reinvented boutique hotel is located at the crossroads of the Gold Coast and River North neighborhoods, surrounded by the Magnificent Mile corridor and blocks from the Loop business district.
Green design elements and operational systems make the hotel stylish and eco-conscious.
Hotel Felix features include:
- Motion-activated guest room thermostats which help manage energy consumption;
- Green wall coverings, flooring and fabrics;
- Compact fluorescent and LED lighting in guest rooms;
- Water-saving shower heads;
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel and hard-wired access in-room;
- 100% non-smoking environment and
- H2O organic bath amenities.
For more info, visit the hotel website.
Image courtesy of Hotel Felix